Monday, November 11, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans & Goals

Happy Veteran's Day!!  
Thank you to all those who are serving, or have served, this country!

Now, time to look back on the weekend, and forward to this week.  For my weekend recap, I linking up with Sami for the first time.

Sami's Shenanigans

As I mentioned in my Friday post, Nick and I had zero plans this weekend.  I was super excited about that, but by 8pm Friday night, I was already bored.  

On Groupon, I had seen a buy-one-get-one for a brewery tour so Nick and I decided to cash in on that.  Ashlee was invited too which means I was able to spend an awesome day enjoying a lot of beer with one of my bestie and my love.  'Twas a perfect Saturday, as we hit up both the Minhaus Brewery and New Glarus.

  At Minhaus I tried 7 or 8 different beers.  Though I did not really dislike any of them, I didn't particularly care for them either.  Each one had an extremely sweet aftertaste, no matter the style (porter, hefe, etc.) 

New Glarus is my favorite craft brewer of all time.  I may be biased on this since I was born, and raised, in New Glarus... But in reality, they have delicious beer!!  Nick and I frequent the NG brewery, so this weekend we only stopped by because Ashlee had never been there.  

Nick was not amused with our shenanigans.

Outside of the gorgeous NG Brewery.
After an eventful Saturday, I was ready to cash in on a lazy Sunday.  Nick was a sweetheart and brought me coffee as I reading in bed.  Then he was even sweeter, and made me breakfast in bed!  He's a keep for sure!  After we ate, we snuggled up in bed with the pups, watched a little tv, and actually fell back asleep until 10:30.

It. Was. Glorious!

During the week, Nick and I get up around 5:30.  On the weekends, we usually get pretty wild (NOT), and end up sleeping in until 6-6:30.  It's been ages since I've slept until 10:30, but it felt great. 

Once we woke up for real, we really didn't do too much.  We did clean the house a bit, and I ended up making a bunch of food.  I made beer and cheddar soup for freezer lunches, and butternut squash pasta for lunch/dinner.  I also pre-made chipotle cheddar meatloaf for dinner tonight.  All we need to do is reheat it when we get home tonight.  Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

And now, onto this week.

I took Skittles running with me again this morning.  I made the decision to stick with running a mile for one more week.  Next week, I plan on starting a training program.  I just haven't decided for which distance yet.  It is going to be 10k or a half marathon, but as the snow starts to fall, I'm probably going to do more indoor running.  I despise running on the treadmill so I might chose the 10k just because my runs will be shorter.

Since I am finally getting back into the workout groove, I need to make sure I am eating well too.  I also want to set some easily attainable goals to help encourage myself.

1.  Track everything I eat.
I've been a bit blasé about nutrition lately, and that needs to stop.  I need to know how many calories I am eating, and how many I am burning.  That being said...

2.  Burn 2,000 calories.
Since I have failed the last few times I have tried to reach the elusive 3,500, I am scaling it back a bit.

3.  Bank at least 15 miles for the 150 in 15 challenge.


---------------------------------
22.46/150
1.15 Mile Run - 10:41
.73 Mile Walk with Dogs - 12:30

2 comments:

  1. Stopping by for the Weekend Shenanigans. Sounds like you had a busy weekend. The brewery tours sounds awesome and is something I would like to do sometime in the future. Good luck with your running. I really need to run some more now the weather is milder. I like the idea of the 150 in 15 weeks and is something I may do. Thanks for the idea. Have a great week!

    Sean
    http://hisandherhobbies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Sean! I can't take the credit for the 150 in 15. It was actually Ash Z's (http://www.ashsrightdirection.com/) idea so I'm glad she came up with it!!

      Delete