Monday, November 18, 2013

So Many Weekend Shenanigans!

I am going to attempt to keep this from turning into a novel, but I have a lot to recap from the weekend.

Friday night, I was home alone.  I got delicious take-out sushi, and made my own 6 pack of beer at the grocery store.  I chose 6 different kinds of beer that I have not tried yet so I could work on my 1001 in 101.  Friday, I ended up having 3 of the 6.
Saturday, I had to leave home by noon to meet Nick in Milwaukee.  I had intention of studying for an exam and running.  Instead, I cleaned the entire house, and then worked out like a fiend, which was more fun than studying.  I had the goal of burning 2000 calories last week, so I wanted to rack up some quick Ks.

Nick's mom got me a Garmin Forerunner 10, which I use all the time, and a Polar heart rate monitor, which I never use, for my birthday this summer.  Saturday, I finally decided to bust it out, and figure out how to use it.  To test it, I decided to run up and down our steps to get my heart rate up.  I found this to be a good, quick, workout so I did 2 sets of 5 minutes running up and down the stairs.  I ended up burning 128 calories doing this for only 10 minutes!  Sunday, and still today, my calves are super sore!!

After I ran up and down our stairs like a crazy lady, I wore the heart rate monitor while playing Wii Just Dance.  I danced for 35 minutes and burned 303 calories.  

Then, I decided to do a "long" run, and went out for 2 miles instead of just one.  Not going to lie, it was kind of tough.  Running up and down stairs and dancing before running probably didn't help, but I was still a little discouraged.  I thought 2 miles was going to be a breeze.  My first mile was 10:00 even, and then I had to bust my ass to get a negative split and finish my 2nd mile in 9:48.  To cool-down, I went for a .61 mile walk.  I wanted to walk further to get more mileage in, but it was misting and cold, and I was ready for a hot shower.            

Once I was showered and dressed, I left for Milwaukee.  I met Nick at his mom's house, and we visited with her and his grandma for a while.  Around 4, we left the dogs with them, and headed to Sheboygan for a friend's surprise birthday party.  Nick and I only stayed for dinner and a couple drink, and then we had to head back home.  And by home, I mean to Milwaukee first to get Nick's truck and the dogs, and then home.  We left Sheboygan around 10pm and didn't get home until almost 1am.  

All the girls from the surprise party
Sunday morning, for some horrible reason, I was up at 6am, after only 5 hours of sleep.  Since I couldn't fall back asleep, I figured I should get up and study because I wasn't going to have much time during the day because  Nick's step-mom planned the annual girl's shopping day for yesterday.  After studying for a couple hours, Nick and I headed to Freeport so I could shop with the girls.  

I am not a shopper.  I hate shopping.  Yesterday, I spent over 5 hours at a mall.  Five hours of my life wasted.  Ok, I should't say that.  It is always fun to hangout with my Beck and my future sisters-in-law.  We had a lot of laughs, and I will be getting some awesome stuff for Christmas now, i.e. kickass black boots.  

Nick and I got home last night around 7, and I was completely exhausted.  After lots of driving, not sleeping a whole lot, working out a ton, and shopping for hours on end, I was drained.  I told Nick I was going to take a quick catnap on the couch before I started studying.  Well, a quick catnap turned into Nick waking me up at 10, telling me to just go to bed.

That meant I had to study my ass off for my test today.  I actually just got back to my office from taking it, and boy oh boy do I think I bombed it.  Usually when I think I have done horribly on test, I end up doing ok.  My fingers are crossed that i at least get a B....

That, in short, sums up my weekend shenanigans.  To keep it short, I will write about my goals in another post.

Sami's Shenanigans

No comments:

Post a Comment