Friday, March 7, 2014

5 on Friday: Runner Wants

Since half marathon training begins on Monday, I have a whole list of things I NEED.  Well, I guess I don't really need them per se, but I do WANT them. 

{ONE}
New running shoes.

I actually do need these.  For the first time ever, I am going to go get professionally fitted at a running store.  I have no idea what the pros will come up with for me, but in my dreams, these are the shoes I'm lusting after.
Asics GT 1000
Asics GT 2000
Asics Noosa Tri 9

Asics Noosa Tri 8

Asics GT 1170s got me through my very first half marathon, so I would like to try some of these other models out.  I've always been an Asics girl for running shoes, so I have a strong feeling of brand loyalty.  I'm scared the professionals will turn me away from my loves, but they do know whats best for me!

{TWO}

Target C9 sports bras.  To me, these are the most comfortable bras ever!  I have a fairly small chest, so I do not need a ton of support.  If you are more busty, these probably wouldn't be a good fit.  There are so many bright, sassy colors to pick from.  These are my 3 favorites. 



{THREE}

Gu

This is my third year as a runner, and I have yet to try Gu or any other energy aids.  Like any other person, I can get fatigued during my runs, so I think Gu would be beneficial to experiment with.

{FOUR}

Non-booty [compression] shorts

Reebok 7" compression shorts

During summer/warmer temperatures, I like to wear shorts and compression socks.  

Problem 1: my chub rub makes normal shorts ride up which leads to chaff-age.  
Solution 2: compression shorts.  

Problem 2: many compression shorts are only 3", and I'm tall so they are basically booty shorts on me.  Solution 2: I need 6" or longer shorts so said chub rub doesn't chaff.  

Problem 3: 6" or longer compression shorts, that are not black, are really fricken hard to find!!  
Solution 3:  Does any one have recommendations of where I can find longer non-black compression shorts?

{FIVE}

Neon Pro-Compression socks


I already have a quite a few pairs of Pro Compression socks, but these are their current sock of the month so they are 40% off.  I love the color combo, so obviously, I NEED them!



3 comments:

  1. These are too things that I need! Except the running shoes--I've got a great pair of sauconys gifted to me from my brother! But I like the colorful Asics you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a life-long runner and I gotta say, if you are planning to do any distance running (and I assume you are since you are training for a 1/2) I'd veer away from those noosas. I bought them, wore them once and then sold on craigsL. No where near enough cushion or support for pavement pounding - imo. Love those socks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love GU! I don't know if it gives me energy, but it sure helps when you are looking forward to having a treat mid race. Also be careful when you get fitted. I got fitted too and they gave the wrong kind of shoes for my feet. They should fit like a glove! Good luck and let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete