Wednesday, March 19, 2014

WIW

Weigh In Wednesday

Not a very good weigh-in today.

174.5

I was actually excited to weigh-in this morning!  I thought for sure I would have a good loss.  Instead, I gained 1.1lbs.  I'm just going to chalk it up to muscle gain...riiiiiight.

My weigh-in may not have been great, but I had a fantastic run last night!


Not quite sure why mile 2 ended up being significantly slower, I felt like I was flying the entire time.  I did have to wait a few seconds to cross a busy street, but it was only a few seconds, not 20.

Besides running yesterday, I also had strength on the schedule.  Since running in my current priority, I am not doing anything drastic or too strenuous when it comes to strength training.  

All I did was 25 [Sally]Push-Ups, 20 chest flys with 5lb weights, and 20 standing rows with 5lb for arms.  

Then for core, I did 20 standard crunches, 20 bicycle crunches, and 20 hip raises/butt lifts/I'm not really sure what they're actually called crunches.  My legs are still getting used to running so I didn't do anything extra for legs.

Link up with Ash & Heather to share your Weigh-In Wednesday, and discover some other awesome blogs!


8 comments:

  1. Sorry about the slight gain but you have been doing great! I'm sure that gain will even out with a loss next week! Keep up the great work! I'm super impressed by your split times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That workout was fierce! You'll kill the weigh in next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain, I've been up the scale too lately (maybe its my taper for my half marathons? Maybe its my excessive wine drinking in celebration of said runs?). Oh well, I treat each day as a new day. Nice splits on your run though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A little gain is nothing to worry about! You'll be back down in no time.

    Great job on the run and strength training. I really need to add more core and weights to my routine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad your run went well. I can "gain" a pound from morning to evening, so I wouldn't worry too much about that! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for the awesome run! And I feel ya on the "bad" weigh in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always gain when I do any kind of strength training. Don't worry about the small gain. It'll pass!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job with your run. Don't let the gain get you down especially after having a great run and feeling good. Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete