Thursday, March 13, 2014

NSV

I went on my first run last night in 4 months, or 116 days, but who's counting...

Tuesday, I was supposed to run 2 miles with hill repeats as my first, but I skipped it.  Not going to lie, having hill repeats as your first run in months is intimidating!!  I'm also using the excuse that it was in the low 30's and raining...

Anyway, I finally got my butt out there last night, and it felt amazing.  I was extremely nervous pre-run.  I was worried I wasn't going to be able to do it.  I've taken a lot of time off, and I've put on more than a few pounds.  I am beyond proud of myself though because I was able to run 3 miles without stopping.   


As you can see from my mile times, my pace is slower than it used to be, but not that much slower.  I really thought I was going to be like a turtle and having like 12:00 miles.  


I did stay away from hills though because my legs were tired, and my muscles tight, early in the run.  You can see from the graph above just how flat my route was!

Tonight, I have rest, but lots of stretching (my entire body is sore, the bad-ass, beast-mode kind of sore, so I will still do the stretching), on my workout schedule.  Instead, I think I am going to make up the run I had scheduled for Tuesday.  I may skip the hill repeats though...we'll see how the legs, and the rest of my body, feel throughout today.

What are your non-scale victories?!  Link-up with the fantastic KTJ, and share!!

button

6 comments:

  1. Awesome run! And I would have skipped the hill repeats too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job for your first run of the year! My first outside run is this coming week. Time to start training :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job! No shame in doing what you know your body can handle! Great NSV!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for getting back out there and running! Awesome NSV for the week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Running 3 miles without stopping, that's awesome! I never liked running but reading your post makes me want to challenge myself and see how far I can go. :)

    herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete