Monday, March 10, 2014

Half Marathon Training: Day 1

Happy Monday, everyone!

I am actually excited for a Monday for probably the first time in my life.  Today, I start what I thought was a 10-week, but is actually an 11-week, half marathon training plan.  I run my 4th overall half on 5/25/14.  On the schedule today, I only have cross-training.  My first run since No-freaking-vember is tomorrow.  It is only a 2 mile run, but it has hill repeats worked into it.

As for my cross-training workout today, I'm going to do an at-home circuit like this, but with some modifications.  I think I'm going to modify it by doing 30 seconds of cardio between each strength move instead of saving all the cardio for the end.  I also plan on taking the pooches for a nice long walk after work.  It's supposed to be almost 50 degrees here today!  Whaaaattt?!


And since it is a Monday, it's time to link up with Carolyn and create some goals for the week.

Fitnasty for Life

{ONE}
Complete all of my scheduled runs and workouts for the week.  Here is what my week looks like:

M:  Cross-Training
T: 2mi run with hill repeats
W: 3mi run & strength
R: Rest (but I will probably at least walk the dogs, and stretch, a lot.)
F: 2.5 mi pace run
S: 5mi run
S: Stretching & Strength

{TWO}
Track everything I eat.  You can follow me on MFP, if you'd like.

{THREE}
Take measurements and photos.
I decided today to start taking weekly measurements and photos.  Once I start making some progress, I think the having this information will be very motivational and inspiring.

Make sure you link up with Carolyn too to share YOUR goals!!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome goals this week-- it was 40 degrees here this morning. I don't want to be overly optimistic (there's possible snow in the forecast on Wednesday), but I think Spring may finally be on its way! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete