Monday, March 31, 2014

I Know What Needs to be Done...

So why the hell don't I just do it!

I know that to be a successful runner, I need to complete my runs.  Earth shattering statement right there...

I know that to be healthy, and feel good, I need to eat foods that are nutritious.  Not processed foods and candy.

If I already know this information, why is it so hard to follow through with?!

I could chalk it up to being super busy at work and stressed out from it.  Or dog sitter two extra dogs Wednesday - Sunday.  Or still not feeling 100%.  But, those are just excuses when in reality, I've just been a giant lazy ass.

Since I've failed at my half marathon training thus far, I had to redo my training schedule.  The half is now only 8 weeks out.  I found this beauty on Pinterest.


I like that this program uses varied training techniques instead of just listing mileage.  It is also awesome that it gives a detailed description of the techniques.

Here's to hoping I follow through with this plan!

Fitnasty for Life

As for goals this week, I have two.

{ONE}
Track EVERYTHING I eat. 

My eating has been out of control lately.  I have barely been tracking, and can only image how far out of my calorie range I've been going.

{TWO}
No bread or pasta.

Lately, I have noticed that I don't feel the greatest after I eat bread of pasta.  Maybe it's all in my head?  Maybe I'm developing a gluten intolerance?  Either way, I want to experiment and see how I feel by cutting these out of my diet for a week.

Link up with Carolyn to share your goals!



3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great plan to get back on track! I know I don't have a gluten intolerance but I feel crummy when I eat bread and pasta. It doesn't keep me full, makes me tired, and I get bloated and retain water. All that is reason enough to keep the gluten in my diet to a minimum (more as a means to eating more whole foods, fruits, veggies, proteins as opposed to finding gluten-free replacement processed foods).
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can get 'er done, girl! Just think, all of these goals will work together if you can keep yourself on track! If you're tracking your food, you'll be more diligent about eating, you'll be feeling better and definitely more inclined to work out. Plus, the more work you're putting in to get the miles done now, the more you'll see the payoff on race day. You can do this!!

    ReplyDelete