Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Lent

Lent is upon us!  

I have made the decision to sacrifice my sweet tooth, and give up candy and sweets for the next 40 days.

If you read my last post, #12 in particular, you may be wondering why I am even participating in Lent.  Though I don't believe in God, I am from a Catholic family, and I always participate in Lent.  I will be honest though, and state the fact that I participate only as a benefit to myself, not to honor Jesus' sacrifices for us... 

I'm an asshole, I know.  

Not eating sweets for the next 40 days will be beneficial to my health.  It is also great timing because I start an aggressive 10-week half marathon training plan on Monday.  On Sunday, May 25th, I will be running my first half marathon of the year, and fourth overall.  Nixing the candy and tempting desserts will help me align better eating with my training schedule.   


(order dress: my brother is getting married in October, and I still need to order my bridesmaid dress...oops)

This is my training schedule for March.  My very first run is going to be hill repeats...eek!  This winter, and its frigid (!) temps, have really messed with me, and I have put off training for about as long as I can.  I now only have 10 weeks until the half so I really really need to kick it into high gear.

As you can see via the RunningAhead widget, to the left of this post, I haven't gone on a run since November.  The next 10 weeks will be interesting. 




3 comments:

  1. Excellent plan and good luck getting back into the swing of running. I'm ready to get back to it myself but waiting until I get new shoes first! I'm from a large and very catholic family and I still feel that twinge of catholic guilt about lent even though I'm atheist now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read about your half training! I am on week 6 and starting to freak out that I am not prepared because I've only started running outside in the past 2-3 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand you with the Catholic thing. I grew up Catholic, and my family is Catholic, so it's just something I can't avoid! (I posted about that too) I will use lent to help me get fitter! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete