Sunday, May 12, 2013

12 Miles


Saturday Workout:

11.92 mile run – 1:57:33

Alllllllright!  I definitely have the confidence to rock my half marathon in 2 weeks.  I’ve been a little nervous about the half these last few weeks since my training has been a little sporadic.  I have been worried that I won’t be able to run all 13.1 miles.  Most of my run was on a flat surface yesterday though, but I did get in a couple inclines.  I just know that my pace will be a little slower for the half since there are more hills in Madison.  At least I know I have the endurance to finish all of those miles without walking!  I’m pumped to get a BALLER PR this year!!

It’s a good thing I ran so many miles yesterday and earned a ton of calories.  Nick and I had a combined birthday party yesterday for his niece, dad, and grandma.  We ate sloppy joes, pasta salad, and cupcakes.  After the birthday party, we had a Mother’s Day get together with Nick’s mom and her family where we ate grilled burgers, brats, and ribs, potato salad, chips, and brownies.  I ate A LOT of heavy food, but I didn’t feel too guilty since I kicked ass with my run. 

Today, we’ll be heading to my mom’s house for a Mother’s Day cookout with my brothers.  There should be a better selection of fruits and veggies at my mom’s cookout, so hopefully I’ll end up eating better today.  I still have to get in at least 6 miles sometime today so I can achieve my weekly goal of running at least 25 miles.  I slacked, hard, on this goal, and now I’m scrambling a bit to make it up.  My legs are extremely sore and tight so I have to do a lot of stretching before I can head out and hit the pavement today.

I hope everyone has a great day with their momma, or their own babies, whether they’re human or furbabies!

No comments:

Post a Comment