Friday, May 24, 2013

It's the Final Countdown


Thursday Workout:

3.23 mile run – 29:32

It’s the final countdown badababa badabahbah to the half marathon!  My training has been fairly lax since I was sick because I felt so weak and struggled so much when I ran.  I decided to take a few days off to just let my body relax and gain back some strength.  Last night, I was just itching to go for a run though.  I’m really happy to see that my quick pace is back for my short runs.  Seeing that 9:10 average really brought my confidence back.  The weather on the day of the half is supposed to be cool and overcast so I won’t have to struggle with the heat either. 

Today will be my last “long” run before the race.  I am doing part of the course that goes by my work.  It will be a 6 mile loop that ends with a nasty hill.  The hill is going to suck, but I’ll be better off getting one practice run over it before the actual race day.

Before going for my run today, it is the end of the year picnic for the staff at my work.  There is going to be a lot of delicious, not so healthy food, and LOTS of beer.  Since I NEED to get this run in, I am going to have to be extremely conscious of what I eat and drink, and how much.  I brought an apple and banana to eat this morning before the picnic so I can fill myself up so I won’t eat too much before the run.

After having a few days of misgiving about running this upcoming half marathon, I’m finally back in the game and ready to kick some ass on Sunday!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment