Saturday, May 25, 2013

'Twas the Night Before...

Friday Workout:

6.15 mile run – 1:00:42

Workout:

50 minute walk with dogs - 2.41 miles

At the Expo getting my bib and shirt!

Yes, MEN'S SMALL. I don't like the way the women's sizes fit...

In about 12 hours, I’ll be crossing the start line of my 2nd half marathon!  I’m excited and nervous.  I ran a 6 mile loop of the course on Friday, and it was a little tough.  The course overall is much more hilly than I’m used to running on. I’ll be just fine though.  I just need to hunker down, and get my booty over those hills.  They are just hills, and all I need to do is get over them!!

The picture below is an example of one of the hills I will be conquering tomorrow.  It is the nasty hill that I ran up during my Friday 6 mile loop.  The picture doesn't really do it justice, it doesn't quite capture the terrifying vertical-ness of it.  On Friday, I ran up at the end of mile 6.  Tomorrow, I'll be running up it around mile 10.5 which means I'll be more tired.  I think this is the part of the course I am most nervous about.  


Wish me luck, and I can't wait to report back on how the race goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment