Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Not What I Had in Mind


Yesterday did not go as planned.  I have my final exam for Spanish today, so I knew I would be studying a lot yesterday, but I was sure I had time for a bunch of other things too.  Once I got home from work, the plan was to take the dogs for a walk, study for a bit, go for my run, take the dogs on another walk so I could cool down, study some more, head to the gym to do strength training, study more, go to bed. 

This is how last night actually went.  Get home, start to study, realize I haven’t done any of my workbook yet, take an hour to finish my workbook, get a call from my bff that is going to be in town for the next week saying “hey, I’m stopping by your house tomorrow before heading to my parents,” look around the house and realize it’s a pit (my bff lives in NJ and has not seen our new house yet so I wanted it too look good!), start cleaning frantically so I can get back to studying, clean for an hour and half, decide it’s time to go for my run, look outside and it looks like it’s midnight even though it’s only about 7:30 and see lightning, never mind no run tonight…back to studying, be pestered by needy dog that is afraid of storms while trying to study, get another phone call from my friend, "never mind I won’t be coming over tomorrow does Monday work instead?", ugh I wasted an hour and half scrubbing toilets, vacuuming, and doing laundry, when I could have been running or studying, study some more, think about going to the gym, but then realize it’s almost 10 and I am exhausted and not prepared for my test yet, say FUCK IT  and just go to sleep where I have to battle the needy dog for my pillow because it’s still raining and she thinks she deserves to sleep on my pillow when she’s scared.

Did you follow all that?  Basically, it boils down to the fact that nothing went as planned.  I spent all night studying and cleaning, and I didn't get much of a workout in today.  Luckily, I did go for a walk during my lunch break so at least I got some activity in today.  I was also really excited to see my bff tonight, but now I have to wait until Monday, wahhhhhh!

Enough whining, here are some lovely pictures from my walk at work yesterday.

Leading onto the pier network

Path through the woods
Adorable little bridge that leads to the zoo
A memorial spot for my previous boss that passed away from pancreatic cancer.
View of the lake past the marshes

The college I work at is on a lake so there is a pretty little walking path through the woods to the lake, and a network of piers throughout the marshes.  It's a gorgeous little stroll, and I love being out by the water. 


button


Now, onto something I have been dreading since the weekend.  Weigh-In Wednesday.  I knew this weigh in was going to be bad because of all the family get togethers this past weekend, but I didn't think it would be this bad.

163.3

Yuck.  That's a 2.7 pound gain.  I had weighed myself on Monday because I felt bloated and gross, and was curios how much damage I had done.  I was even higher than this number, but I was hoping to be back down to 162ish if not lower by today.  I was praying that I was just retaining a bunch of water from eating too much sodium.  Looks like that's not quite the case.  This is going to make my weekly goal of getting into the 150s VERY challenging. I guess I'll be kicking it into mega high gear for the rest of the week!! 

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment