Saturday, May 18, 2013

Not My Week


Workout:

3 Mile Run – 29:34

20 Mintue Walk – 1.14 miles

30 Mintue Walk with Dogs – 1.43 miles

The title of this post explains it all.  This week has been ROUGH.  I’ve been sick since Wednesday night, vomiting sick, and I just started to feel better last night.  Tuesday’s workouts were never completed because of studying and cleaning, and then I was sick so I didn’t work out Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday. 

Last night I had already planned on going for a long run today since I was feeling better and I need to make up some mega mileage.  I didn’t really think about the fact that I had been bed/couch/bathroom floor ridden for the last couple days.  That being said, all I can say about today’s run is that it did not go well.  I wanted to run for at least an hour, but right from the start, I knew that wasn’t going to happen.  Three miles into it, I just had to quit.  I was lightheaded, exhausted, and my legs were wobbly.  I was super disappointed, but I should have known I was going to be too weak to go for a long run after being sick for days.

Hopefully I can get a nice long run in tomorrow instead.  I’m thankful I was sick this week instead of next week right before I run a half marathon.  If the half was tomorrow instead of next week, I would be screwed.  I will still compete, but I’m pretty sure there would have been a lot of walking.  Here’s to hoping I get back to 100% before next weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment