Tuesday, May 7, 2013

What a Wonderful Feeling


Workout:

6.98 mile run – 1:09:33

50 minute walk with dogs – 3.08 miles

Holy cow, it feels grrrreat to be back!  I enjoy how I feel so much better when I’m active than when I’m a slug.  I enjoy it so much more that I don’t understand why I go through my funk phases.  I am only human, I guess I just need my down time every now and then. 

There are only 19 days until I run my 2nd half marathon.  Eeeeeekkk!  I am running the same half that I ran last year, but the course is different this time around.  The first 5ish miles actually follow the same course that I just ran a few weeks ago for the Crazylegs 8k.  This means I get to conquer that awful, steep, Bascom Hill again…that makes me want to cry a little, but it’s right after the first mile so it’ll be over quickly.

My friend that ran the half with me last year is supposed to run it again with me this year.  She is already registered, but she emailed me on Sunday saying she didn’t think she would be ready so she may have to ditch out.  Her work schedule has been crazy, she’s a nurse, so she hasn’t been able to follow much of a training plan.  She’s already a great runner though so I hope she’ll just tough it out.  If not, I’ll be bummed, but I understand.  Her pace is quicker than mine so last year we only ran together for the first 3 miles before she kicked it into high gear and went at her own pace. 

I'm a little bit nervous for my weigh in tomorrow since last week was such a train wreck! 
     
I hope everyone is having a great week, and to all my fellow 10-Week Challengers: keep on rockin it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment