Monday, May 6, 2013

A Fresh New Week


My last post was titled, “Pretending Monday Didn’t Happen.”  In reality, I’m just going to pretend all of last week didn’t happen.  I fell of the wagon last week, hard.  I ate like a piglet, drank A LOT of beer, didn’t track my food, and skipped far too many workouts.  I got into the mindset that if I didn’t track my food, it was like I wasn’t actually eating.  Not seeing those calories add up fueled my denial about all the awful stuff I was putting in my body.  I know it’s good to have “bad” food in moderation to keep yourself sane, but moderation was not a word in my vocabulary this past week. 

As I alluded to in my last post, what’s in the past is in the past.  I made bad decision the last few days, but there is not anything I can do about them now.  What’s done is done.  I can’t go back and make changes.  Now, I can only move on and work my booty off.    

Since I sucked at life this past week, I was not successful in any of my goals.  Here’s a reminder of what my goals were last week.

1.  Focus on strength training.
2.  Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
3.  Maintain a 1500 or less calorie diet.

Those goals are out the window now.  It’s a new week, and I’m starting fresh with new goals.  My goals from last week were great though, so I may revisit them in the future.  Without further ado, my new goals.
Eat slower.  

1.  Take time to savor my meals.

I enjoy cooking, and like to take the time to try new recipes and make nice meals.  I spend a lot of time prepping and making food each day that I in turn wolf down in a few minutes.  Often, it feels like a waste to use all that time making a meal that I eat so quickly.  I want to slow it down and enjoy the food I make. 

2.  Run at least 25 miles this week.

My half marathon is now only 3 weeks away.  I CANNOT AFFORD TO MISS ANOTHER RUN!!!!!!  By setting 25 as my mileage goal this week, it means I can’t skip a run without falling way behind. 

3.  Record EVERYTHING I eat this week.  EVERYTHING!

Honestly, I sometimes do not add food items to my MyFitnessPal account.  I act as if not adding them means I didn’t actually eat them.  That is not the case.  My body will reflect those cheats even if my calorie count does not.  By making myself track everything, I will be able to see what I can cut out of my diet, and focus on making healthy change.  Today already, I ate ice cream.  I wasted 300 calories on ice cream.  It was delicious, and I enjoyed every bit of it, but I could have had 3 bananas instead, or 4 apples, or about million stalks of celery for 300 calories.  I could have eaten so much more, and been much more satisfied, if I would have used those 300 calories on fruits and veggies. 

I'm excited to move on and begin this new week! I hope everyone else is off to a healthy start this week!

Operation Skinny Jeans

No comments:

Post a Comment