Monday, October 21, 2013

Goals

Happy Monday!

What a glorious weekend I had.

Saturday, I went bridesmaid dress shopping for my friend Heidi's wedding.  This is not the exact dress we picked out, but it's quite similar.


Our dresses will be a deep green though that is called Holly.  They posed this model poorly because the detail is in the bodice with the criss-crossing, and her arm is half covering it.  It is an extremely flattering dress on all of us, so every bridesmaid is going look absolutely gorgeous!!    

After bridesmaid dress shopping, a friend came over for wine before we headed to a candle party together.  My aunt sells Party-Lite candles and accessories, which are pretty, but waaaay overpriced.  My main focus of the party was the continued wine drinking, and food... I did end up buying a set of adorable little moose tea light holders though.  

Nick and I intended on going out with friends in Madison Saturday night, but when I got home around 6 from the candle party, I wasn't feeling very well.  Starting Saturday morning, my throat and head hurt, and I had a runny nose, and I just felt exhausted.  I had the symptoms of an oncoming cold, and I didn't want them to come on full blown, so we ended up staying home.  I drank lots of water and oj, and slept the majority of the late afternoon.  I'm glad I did because I felt 90% better the next morning already.

Sunday morning, despite the chill, and getting rained on a bit, Nick, the dogs, and I did our 12 mile hike.  In total, we hiked 12.32 miles in about 3 hours and 40 minutes.  Not too shabby.  It was an out and back trail, and after hiking only about 2 miles back, we were kind of wishing to be back already.  We decided to challenge ourselves, and make the hike back go quicker, by running up the hills we came to.  It definitely was a challenge, and my body is quite sore today, but I'm glad we did it!
   

Just two fur-sisters enjoying a hike together.

CREEPY baby doll we found in a tree...

So many pretty colors!

This picture doesn't do it justice, but the varying tree colors were gorgeous!

button


As for my two goals last week, I did fairly well.

I was all over the place on Saturday, so I actually ended up only tracking my breakfast, then the rest of the day just kind of flew out the window...  I drank my fair share of wine, so I can only image I went waaayyyy over my calorie budget... The rest of the week though, I tracked every little thing I ate, or drank!

Burning 3500 calories a week, is an elusive goal!  I only got to 2311.  Which is an average of 330 a day for the week.  That's pretty good, but not good enough.  I have decided to keep the 3500 calorie burn as a weekly goal, until I accomplish it once and for all!!

That being said, my goals this week are:

1.  Burn 3500 calories

2.  Start running again

Remember when I used to blog about running all the time?  Yeah, I barely do either...  I'm not sure what happened, but after I ran a half marathon in August, I just have not been able to make myself run.  I was actually supposed to run a half yesterday, but my lack of training, and the hilly course, led me to just not go.  It ended up being a waste of money, and I felt guilty for being too lazy to accomplish it.  Time to get back into it!!

3.  Go to the gym twice.

Start using that gym membership, that I still haven't been charged for, again.  See Goal 3 here for further explanation.

Happy Goaling, all!

------------------
17.26/150

No comments:

Post a Comment