Monday, October 7, 2013

Diet Bet

Hello, hello, hello!

Per my recent usual M.O., I have been sucking at blogging, and at being healthy.  It’s really not ok, but I am just going to tell myself it is so I can get over it, and get on with it.

To hopefully jump-start my motivation, and get my booty in gear, I joined Jess and Ash’s Diet Bet.  It started today, and there is still time to join!  It is only $20 to join, and the pot is already up to $440!  If you not familiar with Diet Bets, click here for the info.

A quick run-down is that you pay your “bet” that you will lose a certain percentage of weight, in a certain amount of time.  In this case, I paid $20, and the bet I’m working towards is to lose 4% of my weight in 4 weeks.  Anyone that reaches this goal splits the overall all pot.  If everyone in the bet accomplished the goal, you basically get your money back.  If only one person does, they get all the money. Et cetera. 


The timing of this Diet Bet is awesome because it’s BEFORE the holidays.  Holidays are so full of temptation, and regardless of how hard we try, sometimes we put weight on.  Why not try to drop some weight before the holidays, and jump-start your healthy lifestyle so you have more will power during the holiday season?! 

In order to officially join a Diet Bet, you need to submit a full length body photo, and scale weight photo.  I always had intentions of putting up progress photos on my blog, but never got around to it.  Now that I HAD to take a full  body photo, I finally will be adding photos to my Weigh-Ins and Progress page.

Without further ado, here are my official starting Diet Bet photos!


(I can not get this bad boy to flip around,  uggghhh!)


And now, it's time for some goals.


button

1.  Lose 2lbs.

 I need to lose at least 1.7lbs a weeks to win my Diet Bet. I might as well aim a little higher and shoot for 2lb this week.

2.  8 glasses of water a day. 

3.  Get in some sort of activity Every. Single. Day.

I don't care if it is just going for a walk! I need to get moving!

1 comment:

  1. Dietbets are awesome!! I did two in a row a few months back, and they really kept me motivated to win back some moolah! Your goals seem reasonable, so I think you can definitely do this. Good luck this week and thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete