Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Weigh-In & Scheduling

Weigh In Wedneday

After having fairly good weigh-ins for the past few weeks, I'm back at having a bad one.  I weighed in this morning at 171.2.  There is now no way in heck that I can win my Diet Bet.

I have been stuck in a funk for the past few months, and I really thought signing up for a Diet Bet would help me get back on track.  Now that we are not having or going to cookouts every weekend, or going out to the lake to cruise, swim, and drink, I can say my eating habits are back on track.

As for exercise though, I still am in a rut.  I know what I need to do, and how to do it, but I just cannot make myself.  I have a gym membership that I never use.  I have to two strong, sturdy legs, and a whole slew of running clothes to I do not put to use.  I have tons of at-home workouts pinned on Pinterest that I have never attempted.

I think it is time to sit down, and make a plan.

Lately, I have realized that if I do not have a schedule, I can't get myself into a routine.  For instance, at work, if I do not say to myself, "I am going to work on returns this morning from 9-11, order desk copies from 11-12, class from 12-1, lunch 1-:30, etc..," I basically waste the day way.  I work on this for a minute, do that for a second, but I am all over the place.  Instead of finishing one project, I do a little bit on each, which makes it seem like that take much longer to do!

Same as at home.  If I plan to do laundry right away when I get home, then make dinner, then do homework, I do much better than if I do not have my evening scheduled out.  It appears that I desperately need some structure in my life.

As juvenile as it may be, I am going to start making myself daily schedules.  I am going to schedule every minute of my day in hopes that it will help get me back on track!

2 comments:

  1. I know sometimes you just have to make a plan and just see it through. I'm a list maker, so I try that if I write it down, then I have to do it! Good luck getting your plans in place and making the time for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a daily schedule is a great idea. Diet bet's stink, never again for me. I have lost too much money!!

    ReplyDelete