Friday, June 13, 2014

Happy Friday!

Happy Friday, my friends!

This morning, I did something I NEVER do.  I went for a run before work!

This what sitting in bed at 5:40 am, trying to think of a good excuse to NOT run looks like.  


My headband gave me some motivation though.  If I don't power through and push myself, I'm never going to get back to 13.1, and I might as well throw this headband away. But, that's not going to happen.  So after some pumping up, I got myself out the door, and I'm glad I did.  

It felt great to get nice and sweaty before starting the day.  



I also killed my run and finished the entire 2.07 in less than 20:00.


9:29 pace?! I think I am more than ready to start adding mileage. To finish out the weekend though, I am going to stick with my original plan and do the 2 mile loop two more times.  I really need to work on running quicker during my first mile...

After work today, I am finally going to a running store to properly be fitted for running shoes.  I am super excited for a new pair of kicks!

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. WOOOHOOO Excellent time there and amazing job doing it early! Geez, I always feel so much better when I do get up and get it done first thing, now why can't I convince myself of that when the alarm starts going off at 4:45?!?

    Good luck in the new shoe hunt! I'm hoping to go get fitted for some new ones myself very soon!

    ReplyDelete