Tuesday, June 17, 2014

"Let's Get Some Shoes" & Goals

Goals - Week of 6/9
Log 50 miles.
Nope. Only 20.49.  Not even close.

3 2x Days.
Close!  I did 2.

Run 4+ times.
Eeeh...only ran twice.

No cheating my meal plans!
Fail.  Huge fail.

This weekend got me, good.  I barely got any activity in, and ate everything and anything in sight, and drank a lot of beer. I definitely felt my bad choices on Monday!  I was super bloated, and just felt like a cow.

This is how last week went down for activity:
M - 3.10 mile walk, 2.07 mile run, 1.13 mile walk, Total Body Fix
T - Yoga Fix, Pilates Fix
W - 4.04 mile walk, Upper Fix, Cardio Fix
T - 1.03 mile walk
F - 2.07 mile run, .71 mile walk, 1.5 mile walk, 2.23 mile walk
S - 1.53 mile walk
S - 1.8 mile walk

I started the week strong, but then lost my momentum.  On a positive note, at least I did get some activity in everyday!

Goals - Week of 6/16
Log 50 miles.
This is my 4th straight week of having this as a goal.  I WILL accomplish it this week!

Run 4 times.

Start Round 2 of 21 Day Fix
Yesterday marked the end of round 1. I try to get a post about my results out this week.

Clean and organize foyer closet.
I need to put this one out there because it's driving me crazy! Hopefully by writing it down, I will actually get it done!

On an entirely different note, I finally when to a running store to get fitted for shoes!  After getting my feet measured, walking around a lot and having the sales person watch my every move, she brought out 3 pairs for me to try on.  I do not have any issues with heel striking, my arches are normal, and I don't need any added support so all pairs were neutrals.

The first pair I tried were Brooks which I have never even tried on before.  While they were extremely comfortable, they just did not feel right.  The toe box felt much too wide.

The second pair I tried on were actually the pair I went with.  They are Asics Gel Cumulus 16s.  The fit is amazing and they are super comfy!  I like loud colors so the bright blue is perfect!  My last two pairs of running shoes were also Asics so I think I have officially become an Asics girls.

I just got them on Friday so I have yet to run in them, but I have gone on a couple walks to break them in.  I think it's going to be a match made in heaven!


The final pair the lady had brought out were Mizuno Wave Riders...not sure which number they're on now...and I knew right away I was not going to like them.  Wave Riders rub a lot on my little toes because they have a more narrow fit.  Since she brought them out though, and they were a new model, I figured I might as well try them out.  Sure enough, they rubbed me the wrong way...hahaha, I'm hilarious.

Link up with My No-Guilt Life and Run The Great Wide Somewhere if you wanna get in on the shoe talk action with the Tuesdays on the Run link-up!

Now that I got myself some solid new running shoes, I decided to get more serious about running to train for a race.  I am still not going to sign up for any races until I am able to run 5 miles comfortably, but I decided to set a lofty goal and start a marathon training schedule.  This means that yesterday was technically day 1 of marathon training...

Week 1 looks like this:
M: Cross Train
T: 3 miles
W: 3 miles
T: 3 miles
F: Rest
S: 6 miles
S: Cross Train

I am following Hal Higdon's Novice 1 Training plan.  Hitting 6 miles on Saturday already is a little terrifying.  I am going to do my best though and try to get through it.  If it ends up being too awful, I will reform my schedule to follow the Supreme Novice plan instead.

Switching plans will greatly affect my timeline, but it might be worth it.  If I stick to the Novice 1 plan which is 18 weeks long, I will be looking to run the Hunted Hustle Marathon on October 26, 2014.  If I end up swapping to Supreme Novice it is 30 weeks, and I will not be ready until the second week of January.  I live in Wisconsin...running a marathon in January does NOT sound appealing, late October is already pushing it....Perhaps I will look at out of state marathons if that is the route I need to take?


This is just a ridiculous little diddy in case you are unaware of my title reference...

9 comments:

  1. Beer consumption did me in this weekend as well. But we both got new kicks, so surely this will mean that we'll both have a better week now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH also love the new shoes! I'm a huge Asics fan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your ASICS! My faves as well. Thanks for linking up with us today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for stopping by. Great linkup, I look forward to next weeks.

      Delete
  4. New shoes are always awesome! And if you can run 5 miles, you can make it six. Just take it slow and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to be a loyal Asics Nimbus girl (the sister of the Cumulus) but have recently switched over to Altra Torins and I feel like Cinderella in her glass slippers! Awesome job getting active every day! Thanks for linking up with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's basically magical when you find the perfect running shoes, such a great feeling! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I love my Asics- I have the same kind (Cumulus)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are GREAT! I went for my first run with them last night, and I am in love!

      Delete