Thursday, June 5, 2014

WIW

Yesterday, I had a work retreat and was not at a computer all day, so I was not able to do my WIW post, but here it is a day late.

As I mentioned in my post from Tuesday, the close of Monday closed out my first week on the 21 Day Fix program.  I gave a little teaser, but did not share my actual results :)  

After just 7 days of working out consistently and drastically cleaning up my diet, I lost 3.4lbs!  I went from 175.9 to 172.5.    

That's the number I saw on the scale Tuesday mornings.  I always weigh myself on Wednesdays though so of course I had to step on the scale again the next morning.  I was hoping to have lost a few more tenths of a pound for my actual weigh-in, but instead, this is what I saw...

  

Instead of just tenths, I ended up dropping another 1.2lbs!

I was so surprised that I got on and off the scale a few times just to make sure it wasn't a fluke.  In 8 days, I lost 4.6lbs.  Seeing these awesome numbers are giving me the motivation to work even harder!  I'll be out of the 70's sooner than I expected.

Not only was yesterday WIW, it was also National Running Day.  Unfortunately, I didn't go for a run, but I did do the 2 mile loop again on Tuesday night.  I have already shaved a minute off of my time.  


I don't want to burn myself out on running too frequently too quickly.  Two days of running, one day of rest, repeat, seems like a sensible plan to me.  Despite not running, I did still walk the dogs and do my Upper Fix video.

  I am still a runner though so I made my badge like everyone else:


Plain and simple.  

Sometimes it takes a lot to get my booty out the door, but once I'm on the pavement, I never regret it.  I may bitch and moan about having to go for a run, or complain about aches and soreness from a run, but I am always happy and content inside after a good ol' sweaty run.

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome!!! Way to go saying NO to the donuts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Fantastic job with the fix! Those are some great results!

    ReplyDelete