Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Running Plan

According to the title of my little ol' blog, it is supposed to be about running, but running has been lacking from my life this year.  

Since the snow FINALLY melted in my area just a few weeks ago, I was using that as my excuse to skip runs.  Even though the snow has been gone for a bit over a month now, I have still been avoiding my runs.  I was supposed to run a half marathon on May 25th, but from my lack of post about it, I'm sure you have guessed by now that I skipped it...and I still feel awful about it, but I was absolutely not prepared for it.  I could barely run two miles consistently.  It also didn't help that I burnt myself to a crisp the day before at a family cookout...really smart.

Slowly, I am getting my fitness & nutrition back on track.  As of bedtime last night, I had completed my first full week of 21 Day Fix.  After only 7 days, I have had great results, which I will share more on tomorrow, and my nutrition has been fully transformed.

Now that I'm getting back into the swing of things, I am going to get back into running also.  Last night, I went on my first run in almost a month.


Just over 2 miles, and I was a huffing and a puffing the entire time.  In that long 23 minutes, I wanted to stop and walk multiple times, but I didn't.  I was full of determination, and persevered.  My legs were tired and my chest burned, but I kept on going.  I fought through the pain and fatigue.  

There are many running goals I want to accomplish, one of them quite obvious if you just read my blog title.  I'm never going to get there if I give into silly weaknesses.  It is going to be a long road before I reach 26.2, but I am ready for it.  I am going to tough it out.

Currently, I am not signed up for any other races this year.  My plan at the moment is to continue running this same 2ish mile loop around my neighborhood until I can complete it in a more desirable time, 20:00 or less.  Once I accomplish that goal, I will add mileage.  When I able to comfortably run 5 miles, I will look into signing up for races.

That's my plan, and I am sticking to it! 

Linking up for the first time with the hilarious Kay!

The Best Of Intentions

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good plan! This winter really sucked, and I HATE using the treadmill. Looking forward to tomorrow's post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, I'm so excited to hear about your 21 day fix! I want to try it!!! And I like your running plan so much, that I'm probably going to steal it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Story of my dang life. Laying off of running and hating every second of that first run back. But then kind of being stoked that I even made it through! And then realizing I feel better even though my knee hates me. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete