Wednesday, June 11, 2014

WIW & WIAW


My weigh-in this week was very disappointing.  


Last week, I had lost 4.6lbs, and this week, I gained 1.1.  I am going to chalk it up to muscle gain...it makes me feel better thinking that way.


I am not going to let a little gain get me down though.  I am going to use this frustration to power through more workouts, and make sure I stay on track with my nutrition.  


For the What I Ate Wednesday link-up, I just want to share what I have actually been eating while on the 21 Day Fix.  

If you don't know much about this program, based on its name, you may think it is some kind of "quick fix".  But that is not at all what it is.  It is said that is takes 21 days to form a habit.  Based on that idea, the 21 Day Fix is a program to help reset your nutrition and get you back to eating healthy, wholesome foods.  It also resets your exercise schedule to getting in at least 30 minutes of activity daily. 

This is my typical daily meal plan.

Breakfast
Green smooth with:
1 scoop strawberry Shakeology
1 C spinach 
1 C of berries such as strawberries, blueberries, blackberries or raspberries
1/2 large banana
2 C coffee
1 T organic creamer

Snack
1 C celery sticks
1T almond butter (current open jar: Wild Friends Chocolate w/Sunflower Seeds)
1 light string cheese stick

Lunch
Leftovers from the night before

Snack
3/4 C Fage Total Greek Yogrut
1 C berries
1 t honey

Dinner
Protein, veggies, healthy carbs/stretches for example:

Grilled lean steak with baked sweet potato wedges and Brussels sprouts

Black bean and turkey soft tacos with whole wheat tortillas and various vegetables

Turkey meatloaf with sweet potatoes and corn (for a great recipe, check out my post from yesterday)

I do most of my workouts in the evening, so if I really get my sweat on and torch a ton of calories, I will whip up a late night smooth that contains unsweetened vanilla almond milk, Greek yogurt, berries, spinach, and banana.

All day long, I also guzzle water like it's my job.  Hydration is extremely important!!

Now, this is not what I eat every single day, but this is a typical day for me.  I am not 100% perfect and sometimes indulge in treats or a nice cold beer.  Those items are definitely NOT on the 21 Day Fix meal plan, but a girl has gotta live a little!

If anyone has any questions about the 21 Day Fix, please do not hesitate to comment, or send me an email.  My email address can be found under the Contact page at the top of my blog.

Happy Wednesday!

5 comments:

  1. That's an average of 3.5 pounds over the last 2 weeks! That's still a great success!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for explaining what the 21 day fix is... I have seen people talk about it a lot but I never understood it till now... .thank you and many blessings on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh. Weight fluctuates a lot. 2 pounds up or down could be just maintaining. Good luck next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the gain but you're still technically down! I'm sure you'll pick it back up with the downward trend next week!

    ReplyDelete