Friday, April 12, 2013

Advocare 10 Day Herbal Cleanse - Day 1


Workout:

2 mile run on TM – 17:23

20 minute 3.5 MPH walk on TM at 4% incline

20 minutes on upright bike – 5.5 miles

Today, I started the Advocare 10 day Herbal Cleanse.  I was going to start it tomorrow because I was worried it would lead to excessive bowel movements, and I didn’t want to have to constantly poop at working because of my fear of pooping in public places…funny how I am so open to talking about poop on the internet…  I ended up working only a few hours today though, and my diet was right on key this morning, so I decided to dive in a day early.  I had the very first fiber drink around 11:30 today, and I have actually only had to number 2 once, WHEW!  We’ll see how the herbal cleanse pills affect me later.

I’ve read about the cleanse on a few different blogs, and most people seem to agree that getting the fiber drink down is the most difficult part.  When I took my first drink, I didn’t think it was so bad.  My first thought was, “pssh, those people were just being babies.”  The second drink was a little tougher to swallow.  By the third drink, I had died a little on the inside, and just could not wait for it to be gone!  Before each drink, I kept thinking about how thick the mixture was, and how it felt sliding down my throat, and it made me almost gag.  When I had about half of it left, I just threw it back in a quick gulp and chugged some water.  It was pretty awful, but totally doable.  Thank heavens because I have a total of 6 days over the next 10 of drinking it.

I weighed myself this morning, and I came in at 166.4.  I’m excited to see the results of the cleanse.  I’m not sure if it will help me drop much weight, but I’ve heard it does wonders for your skin, and gives you a great, light, airy feeling.  Besides hopefully reaping those benefits, I decided to do this cleanse with the hope of cleaning out my system, and really focusing on my diet and making sure I’m putting delicious, wholesome foods in my body, instead of junk.

Over the next 10 days, I’ll document how the cleanse makes me feel.  I will also share everything I eat while I’m doing it, and hopefully I can be a reference for others who want to do the cleanse, but don’t know what to eat.  Finally, I will of course keep ya’ll posted on whether or not the cleanse helps me lose weight.

Wish me luck!

Breakfast
¾ C Honey Nut Cheerios
½ C Unsweeted Vanilla Almond Milk (Blue Diamond)
1 banana
2 C black Almond Amaretto Coffee
Calories: 239

AM Snack
20 Green Grapes
5 Strawberries
Calories: 91

Lunch
Tuna made with:
3 oz Starkist Chunk Light Tuna in Water, drained
2 TBS Sweet Pickle Relish
1 TSP Dijon Mustard
½ Cucumber (I used slices as “bread”)
Advocare Citrus Fiber Drink
Calories: 231

Afternoon Snack
1 TBS Roasted Red Pepper Hummus (Athenos)
½ C cauliflower
8 baby carrots
Calories: 64

Dinner
Homemade chicken and vegetable stir fry
½ C brown rice
Calories: 361

Post-Workout Snack
1 Banana
¼ C Nonfat Vanilla Greek Yogurt
10 Almonds
Advocare Herbal Cleanse
Calories: 217

Total Calories: 1203





No comments:

Post a Comment