Monday, April 29, 2013

Weekly Goals 4/29/13-5/5/13


It’s time to link up with Jess again to talk about weekly goals.  I totally rocked my goals from last week.  Here’s a reminder of what they were:

1. Complete every workout I scheduled for the week.

With the exception of not doing strength training on Friday, I did not skip a single workout this week.  I decided against doing any strength training on Friday since it was the day before a race.  I really didn’t want to be sore while trying to run at race pace.  When I explained this to Nick, he said he didn’t count it as a skip.  He said was I was being smart so he would let it slide…I’m glad I got your approval, honey.

2.  No candy.

I LOVE candy.  This was a tough goal, but I am proud to say I achieved it.  I was even given a bag of candy at the beginning of the week, yet I stayed strong and did not give into temptation.  I ended up giving the majority of that bag to my student workers, but I still have a few pieces left.  I plan on making that last handful last throughout the entire month of May. 

3.  Take the dogs on at least one walk every day.

Now that the weather is finally getting nicer, this has been a fun goal to complete.  My baby dogs love going for their walks so they had just as much fun as I did.  I usually got Nick to join us on our walks also.  Most of the walks occurred after dinner so the dogs got into a routine.  Once Nick and I started cleaning up after dinner, Molly and Skittles would get uber excited because they knew we would be heading out soon. 

I plan to keep up with completing all of my workouts this week also.  There are only 4 weeks left until I run a half marathon so I especially can’t afford to miss any runs!

M-Stretch & Strength
T - 5 Mile Run 
W - 5 Mile Run & Strength
R - Rest
F - 3 Mile Hill Repeats & Strength
S - 60 Minutes of Cross-Training
S - 9 Mile Long Run

I will also continue taking the dogs for daily walks, but I have come up with 3 new goals for this week. 

1.  Focus on/be more serious about strength training.

I tend to half-ass my strength training sessions.  Whether I use lighter weights to make it easier, or I don’t do all my reps, I tend be pretty lax in this area.  I am happy with the rate that I’m shedding my last unwanted weight, but now I really need to focus on toning.  I want to be a little bit thinner, but what I want more is some muscle definition. 

2.  Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.

I already drink a lot of water, but lately I have been falling short of my full 8 glasses. 

3.  Stay within my allotted calorie range.

MyFitnessPal has me eating 1340 calories a day.  Depending on my workout schedule I earn between 200-900ish extra calories daily.  On days that I am earning towards the higher end, I think it is important to eat more, but I’ve been eating almost ALL of my extra calories lately.  I have been using those calories to treat myself to not-so-good things such as ice cream, donuts, and beer.  If I go over my calorie range this week, I want it to be because I’m eating extra fruits and veggies, not junk.  Overall though, I would like to try to stick to a daily intake of 1500 calories or less this week. 

I hope to be a total badass and rock these goals just as hard as I rocked last weeks!  Happy Monday everyone! 


Operation Skinny Jeans

2 comments:

  1. Taking the dogs on one walk a day is a good goal for me to remember! My pup would probably really enjoy that instead of just hanging out in the back yard for potty breaks!

    Good luck rocking your goals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The strength training is a great goal! I think a lot of people (myself included!) get in a cardio-only rut, which can be hard to break out of. But I've read some impressive weight loss stories where weight training made a huge impact. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete