Saturday, April 20, 2013

AdvoCare 10 Day Herbal Cleanse - Day 8


Oye! Yesterday was not the greatest day.  I had a dentist appointment at 7:30am to get a cavity drilled and filled…I hate the dentist.  Actually, I really like my dentist; I just hate having to go see him unless it’s just a cleaning. I even kind of hate that since they like to tear into your gums with that damn tiny, sharp pick.  Work was tortuous and NEVER ENDING.  I had a headache all day long, and just felt exhausted. 

I was SO happy for the work day to finally be over, that I decided to make last night an impromptu at-home date night with Nick.  We decided to just stay in for the night, but I thought I would make it a little special.  I stopped by the grocery store to get Nick’s favorite beer, and though I was tempted to get something for myself, I resisted.  I am still on the cleanse through Sunday and I’ve been strong thus far. To cave at the last minutes would be so disappointing. 

As I hoped, Nick wasn’t home from work yet when I got there, so I started dinner right away.  By the time he did get home, I had dinner ready and waiting, along with a nice cold beer, and candles lit.  Dinner was fabulous.  Nick had regular turkey tacos, but I made mine into a salad with spinach.  After dinner, we planned on curling up on the couch to watch a movie.  After the movie, I was going to head to the gym.  Apparently, I was exhausted though because I ended up falling asleep on the couch, and when I woke up, it was past 10! I could have still gone to the gym, but I was still so tired, that I just went upstairs and went to bed.  So, I didn’t work out at all yesterday….ugh. 

When I woke up this morning, I felt more refreshed than I had in days!  Now I’m about to head out and get a kick ass run in!

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!  

Breakfast
Oatmeal made with:
½ C Frozen Dole Peaches
2 Large Strawberries-sliced
¼ C Chobani Nonfat Vanilla Greek Yogurt
1 Packet Quaker Instant Oatmeal
2 C Amaretto Almond Coffee
AdvoCare Fiber Drink

Calories: 254

AM Snack
1 Banana
12 Almonds

Calories: 188

Lunch
4 oz Homemade Buffalo Chicken Tenders –baked
10 Baby Carrots
2 Stalks of Celery
1 TBS Jif Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
1 TBS Oceanspray Original Craisins

Calories: 401

PM Snack
5 Large Strawberries-sliced

Calories: 29

Dinner
Turkey Taco Salad made with:
2 oz Ground Turkey with Taco Seasoning
1 C Spinach
½ C Black Beans
½ C Homemade Guacamole
4 TBS Newman’s Own Roasted Garlic Salsa
1 Roma Tomato-Diced

Calories: 444

Total Calories: 1316


No comments:

Post a Comment