Friday, April 26, 2013

Speed Demon


Workout Thursday:

60 Minute Walk with Dogs – 3.37 miles

Workout Tonight:

2.35 Mile Run – 19:30

1 Mile walk with dogs – 17:46

Hola amigos!  Yesterday was a much needed rest day from exercise.  My calves have been sore lately, and taking the night off from running to go for a leisurely walk with the dogs was just what I needed. 
Tomorrow, I have my first race of the reason!  Nick and I are running the Crazy Legs 8K in MadTown.  Oh, you didn’t know Nick also runs?  Well, he doesn’t!  He has gone for one run since registering for this race months ago.  ONE run.  Nick currently is not in the greatest shape, but he has really good endurance.  Like, freakish endurance.  If he beats me tomorrow, I might have to quit my running career because I’ll be so ashamed.  I’ve been a little speed demon though, so I don’t think he’ll be able to keep up with me.
 
Our cliche "runner" dinner. Gotta carbo-load!


My intentions during my run tonight were to just run 2 slow, leisurely miles to get my muscles loosened up for tomorrow.  Instead, I decided to fly.  I can’t believe my pace was 8:20!  I am beyond happy and excited that my speed is increasing so much.  Probably not the best idea to do a speed run the night before a race, but it was only 2 miles…

I joined an awesome 10-week challenge via Jess’ blog, and I am so pumped to see what it will all entail.  I’ve met so many motivational, supportive people over the past 2 days.  I can’t wait to see where each of our journeys takes us and how we transform our healthy habits as a group and individually.  Our first challenge is to post a picture of the inside of our refrigerators.



There she is in all her glory!  It’s difficult to get a decent picture because the fridge is only a couple feet from our island.  We do our grocery shopping on the weekend so it much emptier than it usually is.  For those that are wondering, yes, the one crisper is filled with beer.  And there is more beer on the bottom self.  And a 6-pack on the second shelf…we REALLY like beer in this house….  It does drive me absolutely crazy that Nick thinks that’s the best way to utilize the crisper though.  I usually empty it after he does it and put the fruits/veggies back into it, but sometimes it’s just not worth it.        

No comments:

Post a Comment