Saturday, April 13, 2013

AdvoCare 10 Day Herbal Cleanse - Day 2


Workout:

2.19 mile run – 19:56

30 minutes of Wii Just Dance

After killing it last night at gym with my speedy 17:23 2 mile treadmill run, my run almost killed me today.  Well, not really.  It was fairly terrible though.  I was supposed to run 4 miles today, but I cut in short, and only did 2.  I have read that the Advocare Herbal Cleanse can make you feel a little weak when you first start it, and I think that may be why my run was so off today.  My body just felt tired, and each step was a struggle.  About a mile into it, I started to get a bit light headed.  When I would look forward everything in my line of vision was really bouncy and blurry which led me to just staring at the pavement in front of me.  Around 16:30, I decided to call it quits and head home which would cause me to finish it out around 2 miles.  I’ve never felt like this before on a run, and I didn’t want to get too far from home and end up getting sick or passing out, or something along those lines.

Besides feeling woozy on my run, I felt more tired this morning than usual.  For me, sleeping in on the weekends usually means staying in bed until 6:30.  As usual, I was awake around 6:20 and Nick got up to make coffee.  I was about to follow him out of bed, but then I realized I could barely keep my eyes open.  I decided to indulge, and slept in until 8:15. 

Other than feeling a little tired and weak today, I haven’t noticed any other effects of the cleanse.  I still haven’t had any extra bowel movements which I’m very glad about.  I do feel like I am eating constantly to be within a healthy calorie range for the day though…I’m definitely not complaining about that since I love to eat.  Before the cleanse, I was eating higher calorie foods so it was extremely easy to hit the max end of my calorie range for a day.  Now, I am eating mostly raw fruits and veggies which are much lower in calories so I need to eat more of them to stay in a healthy range.  I don’t want to put my body in starvation mode since that would be counterintuitive to the goal of this cleanse.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

Breakfast
1 Banana
5 Strawberries
¼ C Chobani Nonfat Vanilla Greek Yogurt
10 Almonds
2 C Black Pumpkin Spice Coffee
Advocare Fiber Drink

Calories: 310

AM Snack
1 C homemade fresh salsa

My fabulous homemade salsa! Mmmm!











½ Sweet Potato made into chips sans salt (instructions here)

Calories: 202

Lunch
1 C Dextox Green Soup (recipe here)
1 Orange

Calories: 147

PM Snack
10 Baby Carrots
½ C Broccoli
½ C Cauliflower
1 Celery Stalk
1 TBS Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

Calories: 99

Dinner
Taco Salad made with
½ Head of Iceberg Lettuce
1 C Homemade Fresh salsa
2 Oz Seasoned Sirloin Steak
2 TBS Black Olives
10 Green Grapes

Calories: 328

After Dinner Snack
1 Banana
¼ C Chobani Nonfat Vanilla Greek Yogurt
1 C Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
Cinnamon

Calories: 192

Total Calories: 1283

No comments:

Post a Comment