Monday, April 8, 2013

Weekend Recap


What a marvelous weekend!  Except for the tiny incident of Nick puking on me…I’ll get to that later. 

I planned on doing my long run on Saturday this weekend instead of Sunday since there was a high chance of me being hung over on Sunday.  Thankfully I planned ahead, because there was NO WAY I was running yesterday.  It was pretty cloudy, and supposed to rain, and even though I didn't particularly want to run in the rain, I figured it would have been a good thing if it did.  You never know what the weather is going to be like on race day so it’s important to train in various weather conditions.  I was lucky though, and it only sprinkled on me a few times.  I had 6 miles on the schedule, but once again, I decided to push myself.  I hammered out 9.2 miles in 1:30:45.  It felt GREAT, and really boosted my confidence in my endurance.

After my run, I kept thinking how I would only have to run 17 more miles to finish a marathon.  Only 17….seven freaking teen more miles!  That is a terrifying prospect at the moment, but I have months to train.  Eventually, my mindset will be, “Oh, 22 miles on the schedule today?  Pssh, no biggie.” 

Nick and I had plans to meet friends, Sarah and Nathan, for lunch before heading to Milwaukee for the night.  Sarah and Nathan recently put an offer in on their first house, and it was accepted, AND Sarah just got hired for a new job with a nice pay increase, so we wanted to celebrate with them.  We had lunch with them at the Great Dane, and since I had just run all those miles, I didn’t want to waste the calories I burned, so I got a Cobb salad.  It was soooooo good.  It came with avocado ranch dressing that was to die for!

Nick’s mom lives just outside of Milwaukee, and she said she would dog sit for us, so we stopped by her place for a while to drop off the naughty babies.  Eventually, we made our way downtown to celebrate my friend, Elizabeth’s birthday.  The night started with drinks and apps at E and her husband’s apartment, followed by a 45 minute party bus ride to a Cherry Pie concert.  Cherry Pie is a PHENOMENAL 80’s cover band.  Our group was up by the stage the entire time, rocking out, dancing, singing, and just having a great time.  I didn't stop dancing the entire time, and my feet and calves are still sore today. 

Photo shoot before the concert in our awesome 80's attire


On the party bus, on the way back home, Nick got a little sick and puked all over himself and on me… I was so embarrassed/angry.  There is supposed to be a $100 clean up fee if anyone puked, or just left the bus a mess.  Everyone joked about this beforehand and how no one could puke, and how we should maybe bring puke bags, etc.   Nick is a pretty big guy, but he sucks at drinking.  He sucks in the fact that he doesn't know how to pace himself.  He ALWAYS pukes, but usually not until the next morning. I know he was pretty drunk when we got on the bus, but he seemed fine.  I was exhausted since it about 3 in the morning, and I feel asleep on him.  Next thing I know, I’m waking up to something warm on my arm…his vomit.  At first, I just stared at him, not believing that really just happened.  But, it did.  Since it was all over his shirt, I made him take it off and used it as a towel to clean up.  Between me and E’s husband, we got it cleaned up pretty well.  He talked to the bus driver about it, and he didn’t seem to care since we cleaned up so well.  I still haven’t heard anything about having to pay the fee, so hopefully the company will just overlook it.

I probably overreacted a bit, but I was so embarrassed that Nick was such a mess, that I made him call his mom to come get us.  We planned on just staying at E’s apartment, but I seriously couldn’t face my friends.  Everyone just told me to brush it off, and not worry about it, but I just couldn’t.  Thinking back on it, it really wasn’t that big of a deal.  It was a bit extreme to make his mom drive downtown at almost 4am to get us.  Oh well.  From now on, I’m going to monitor Nick’s drinking when we’re out, and make sure he has water too, and takes a few breaks.

I was still pissed at him the next morning for getting that drunk.  After a while of me being sulky, and not talking to him, I decided it was time to just get over it.  There was no sense in letting one silly incident ruin my otherwise awesome weekend. 

Since we didn’t get to sleep until almost dawn, I wasted away basically the entire day sleeping.  I felt a little guilty for being so lazy, but I’m not going to lie, all the sleep felt great!  I was hung over myself, so yesterday was a little rough, but I feel so refreshed today. 

I’m looking forward to getting in some great workouts this week.  Hopefully I will finally see a smaller number on the scale too!

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

No comments:

Post a Comment