Thursday, April 18, 2013

AdvoCare 10 Day Herbal Cleanse - Day 7


Workout:

2.35 mile run – 20:43

Core Strength Training

I’m finally back into the swing of things!  Once I got dinner put in the oven, I had 35 minutes to get a run in, and it was just drizzling out so I decided to get a quick run in before the rain picked up again.  I really did not want to have to run on the treadmill today, I’m so glad I snuck a quick one in between rain showers.  Nick was home from work so I put him in charge of making sure dinner didn’t burn, and I headed out.  Since I didn’t have too much time, and the sky was slowly getting darker, I decided to run the outer loop around our side of town at a quick, maintainable pace.  I’ve started to work on my speed, and the best advice I have gotten to become a faster runner is simply: RUN FASTER. 

I wasn’t sure what the distance of the loop was, but I figured it was less than 3 miles.  I didn’t want to run too fast too quickly and burn myself out early and it was pretty windy, but I felt I maintained my speed throughout the whole run, with the exception of slowing a little on a hill.  I really need to get myself a Garmin, or something similar, so I can get more serious about speed work and pace runs.

Lately, I have been reading a lot about compression socks and the benefits of wearing them during runs.  At a white elephant party this last Christmas, I actually received a black pair of compression socks, and I decided to try them out on my run today.  I think I might be sold.  Usually after runs, my knees feel a little achy, but not at all tonight.  Now, I just need to get colors other than black.

My run wasn’t very long tonight, but since I didn’t run the last two nights, I still wanted to do a run in honor of Boston.  Since it was so windy, and the possibility that it could start raining at any minutes, I didn’t wear the Boston bib I had printed out.  Instead, I just had Nick take a nice, sweaty picture of me with it after my run.  I know I kind of missed the tribute run craze since I am a couple days late, but I figured it doesn’t really matter when I did it, it just matters that I ran it and kept those afflicted by the Boston tragedy in my head and heart!!
 
Jerk face dogs, jumping in the picture last second


Only 3 days left of the cleanse, and I’m still going strong, woohooo!  I do have to start drinking the fiber drink again tomorrow.  I am NOT looking forward to that, but eh, I’ll get over it. 

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

Breakfast
1 Small Sweet Potato – mashed with cinnamon
2 eggs – easy over
2 C Amaretto Almond Coffee

Calories: 218

AM Snack
Apple

Calories: 72

Lunch
1 C Green Detox Soup
1 C Cauliflower
2 Celery Stalks
10 Baby Carrots
1 TBS Sun Dried Tomato Hummus (Sabra)

Calories: 178

PM Snack
1 Banana
12 Almonds

Calories: 188

Dinner
4 oz Buffalo Chicken Tenders – baked
Homemade Sweet Potato Fries

Calories: 389

Post-Dinner Snack
1 C Frozen Peaches – heated up with cinnamon
1 Packet Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
¼ C Chobani Nonfat Vanilla Greek Yogurt

Calories: 237

Total Calories: 1282

No comments:

Post a Comment