Sunday, April 21, 2013

AdvoCare 10 Day Herbal Cleanse - Day 9


Workout:

5.65 mile run – 50:56

30 minutes Wii Just Dance

Dearest readers, I have failed.  I gave into temptation last night and had a few no-no items including, beer, cheese, ice cream, and pizza… I do feel disappointed in myself that I couldn’t finish out the cleanse perfectly, but I am still really proud of how well I did overall. I will be sharing the final results regarding weight loss, and my general thoughts about the cleanse tomorrow.  Today, Sunday, is the final day of the AdvoCare 10 Day Herbal Cleanse so I will be weighing in Monday morning. 

Nick and I had friends over last night, and they wanted to make homemade pizzas together.  I had planned on making a separate pizza for myself that had a spinach or cauliflower crust, but I ran out of time during the day and never got the ingredients.  Our friends, Sarah and Nathan, brought over all of the ingredients, and I really appreciated the fact that they did think of me and bought a premade whole wheat crust so I would have a healthier alternative.

I had sliced up a bunch of veggies before they came over, and made a Greek yogurt buffalo dip to accompany them.  I ate TONS of the veggies while the pizzas were cooking and we were chatting in an attempt to fill myself up so I wouldn’t eat too much pizza.  It actually worked quite nicely and I only ended up having one piece. 

Sarah also brought ice cream for dessert.  I wasn’t going to have any, but then the thought crossed my mind that as long as I have “bad” food in moderation, it won’t kill me.  Plus, I ran almost 6 miles earlier in the day, a little ice cream wasn’t really wasn’t going to ruin everything.  Everyone else had heaping bowls full, but I took my one half cup soup, and I was more than satisfied.

I also limited myself to only two beers.  I did a bunch of research before making my beer purchase to find a beer that had limited sugars, fat, and carbs.  Corona Light was the winner.  There are only 99 calories per bottle with 0g of sugar, 0g of fat, and 5g of carbs.  Squeeze in a little lime, and you have a delicious not-so-awful-for-you drink.   

Even though I ate a lot of not so great things, I ended up not going over my calorie range…my calories range with the extra calories I earned by running and dancing that is…

Breakfast
Shakshuka-homemade (This is a fabulous Tunisian egg and tomato dish, recipe here)
Mmm! My Shakshuka












2 Slices Plain Whole Wheat Toast
AdvoCare Fiber Drink

Calories: 447

*I didn’t have my usual AM snack because I was helping a friend pack up her apartment in the morning, and I forgot to bring something along.  Luckily I ate a big breakfast, but I was still famished by lunch time!

Lunch
4 oz Homemade Baked Buffalo Chicken Tenders
5 Strawberries
1 Banana
AdvoCare Pink Lemonade Spark

Calories: 299

Post-Run Snack
2 Celery Stalks
30 Unsalted Fat Free Mini Pretzels
1 TBS Jif Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
1 TBS Oceanspray Craisins

Calories: 336

Dinner:
*Measurements get a little out of whack here, so I am just listing what I ate and the estimated calories according to MyFitnessPal*

Celery, Carrots, and Cucumber with buffalo Greek yogurt dip
Tostidos Multigrain Scoops and Newman’s Own Roasted Garlic Salsa
Homemade Pizza with whole wheat crust
2 Cornoa Lights with Lime
½ C Edy’s Mint Brownie Ice Cream

Calories: 825 (Yikes!)

Total Calories: 1907…(My max for the day with my exercise though was 2245.  At least I stayed under that!)
      

1 comment: