Sunday, April 28, 2013

Handy Dandy Hydration Belt


Workout:

8.37 Mile Run – 1:24:40

75 Minute Walk with Dogs – 3.39 Miles

I took it easy today and did a nice, slow, long run.  I didn’t head out until 4:30 so it was nice and warm while I was running.  I wanted to run at a little bit faster pace, but I could definitely feel the heat affecting me.  Instead of trying to run quicker and burn myself out, I stayed at a leisurely pace.  Apparently my speedier 9:00 mile pace is only for 5 miles or less, for now.

I ran the first couple miles in town so I could hit a few inclines, then I took it to the bike trail.  I was hoping that by running on the trail it would be easier on my knees.  The path was really rough, bumpy, and packed down though so it was actually a little tough to run on.  After about 4 miles on the trial, I was back in town and it actually felt really nice to be back on a nice, even, flat surface. 

Since it was so warm out, I wore my hydration belt that Nick got for me last summer.  It has four 6oz bottle around it and two little zipper pockets.  I filled 3 with water and the 4th with orange G2.  I ended up drinking all of it before the end of my run.  Now I know that as I continue to increase my mileage, I’ll have to make sure to pass a water fountain on my route so I can refill my bottles.

After soaking up so much sun today, and getting so many miles in, I am one tired lady.  It’s going to be an early bedtime tonight!

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment